There’s nothing more sublime than a perfect buttermilk pancake.
1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 ¼ cups buttermilk
3 tablespoon melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
Maple syrup and butter, for serving
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt until well combined. Set aside.
- Whisk together buttermilk, melted butter, vanilla and egg, then pour over flour mixture and whisk just until combined.
- In a greased medium non-stick skillet set over medium heat, ladle in a scant ½-cup of batter and cook pancake until golden, about 2 minutes per side, turning only once.
- Repeat process with remaining batter.
- Serve pancakes hot, topped with maple syrup and butter.
Seen here served with bananas foster